Here’s a great quote for your Fanciful Friday:
“Most of my major disappointments have turned out to be blessings in disguise.
So whenever anything bad does happen to me, I kind of sit back and feel — well,
if I gave this enough time, it’ll turn out that this was good, so I shouldn’t worry
about it too much” – William Gaines (1922-1992)
publisher, “Mad” magazine
Here are some of my disappointments:
– When I first started, I’ve spent close to $30k on direct mail with no deal.
– My first mobile home I flipped I lost about $2k-$5K (probably more if I account for “hidden costs” that I didn’t realize–most people who display their deal-profit online don’t tell you that this is their GROSS, not NET. )
– I loaned $10k to a GOOD friend to start a business and that “friend” disappeared
– I’ve had “deals” in my hand taken from mobile home parks.
– I’ve bought a parcel that no one wants
– I’ve started business ventures that went nowhere
– I made an unconventional decision before my first son’s birth that cost him 2 weeks (felt like months) in the NICU and almost my wife’s life (no this isn’t drugs or anything bad like that. There was really no way of knowing this would happen by choosing to go with a Midwife clinic vs a birthing plan in a hospital–But this isn’t really anyone’s fault (except for the incompetent midwife). But I do blame myself a bit. Because being an INTP in the MBTI, I should have stepped in, thought about the logic and the fallacies, and logically explained my thoughts and rationale–this is assuming of course, that my logic would disagree with the decision… but who knows)
All these are “disappointments” in some way. But I’m still here, breathing and retelling it. Imagine if everything good happened to you…. that would be a boring arse life.
Nothing to learn from.
Anyway…. I want to cordially invite you to listen in on some of these stories inside my app. I retell some tales and stories of mishappenings and lessons in my life and what lessons I pulled out of (as well as other peoples life)
I think It will benefit you enormously as someone doing business in this competitive world.
It’s inside the tap in my app labeled “REI Tales from the Crypt”.
You have to download my FREE mobile app. It takes 10 secs.
And if you’re not just a “lurker” on my email list and actually want value… that’s where you’ll find some. It’s cost nothing but a push of a button on your mobile app– and no your information is SAFE and there’s no advertising.
If you’re paranoid about it, I would suggest seeing how “safe” your information is with Google and Facebook.
Head on over to www.realestateaudios.com/app
You’ll get a registration email from the app company called “Learnistic”.
“Keep moving forward in your REI venture”
Paul do Campo
I’ve spent many hours learning and implementing marketing methods in REI, chasing sellers, and building cash flow streams… and I show you what works and what doesn’t from real-world investors in the trenches today through my daily tips, articles, and audio interviews at realestateaudios. com
Call or text me at: 951-901-8208
6939 Schaefer ave Ste D #254
Chino California 91710
To unsubscribe or change subscriber options, visit: